Sunday 28 November 2010

The wintry weather is here and I haven't left the house all weekend except for letting the chickens out. My dog, Thomas, is staring at me as I type but I'm avoiding eye contact because he's still waiting for 'the grand day out'.

School was busy last week and filled with the sound of children singing and practicing their parts in the school productions. The music room is above my office and throughout most weeks I 'enjoy' a variety of tunes on a range of instruments starting with piano and ending with drumming! Concentrating with the latter is really difficult so I tend to spend Fridays around the school and visiting the children in the Foundation stage. On Fridays the pre-school children spend some time with Mrs A in preparation for starting school in January and it's a great opportunity for me to start learning their names.

Sparklers in the Glade went well on Friday evening, despite the weather, and it was lovely to see the year 6 children looking after their buddies. The evening was a great opportunity for staff to meet new parents . It was so cold I spent most of my time around the campfire or hugging the Cob Oven!

Next Friday(6pm-8pm) we have the Christmas Cracker Fayre which is always well attended. I'll probably start my Christmas shopping then. The Kentisbeare School Association (KSA) have been busy preparing the event and it would be great to see you all there.

I am really impressed with the new KSA facebook page set up by Helen Botrill, the new chair and supported by the pro-active committee. All Kentisbeare parents are automatically members of the KSA but if you wish to access the page you need to be invited into the group by other members. The committee are hoping that this will be a great outlet to share information regarding events they are holding. Any questions or queries please contact Helen Botrill or other members of the committee.

Have a good week and keep warm. The dog has taken my husband for a walk around Killerton!

Tracey Hailey